Trouble building AR
Uri Moszkowicz
uri@4refs.com
Tue Jun 18 20:08:00 GMT 2013
Hi,
I'm having trouble building GCC. I've decompressed GCC 4.7.2 source
into a directory and binutils 2.21.1 into a directory in parallel with
symbolic links to all subdirectories. I ran the contrib script to get
all other dependencies and then ran GCC's configure in a parallel
directory, following all installation instructions. It builds just
fine but when I install it AR seems to be missing. Any idea what
happened to it and how to get it?
Looks like it's supposed to be built with binutils and I'm getting
other tools from it like LD just not that one. There is a program
called gcc-ar that seems to exist but not sure if it's the same tool?
It may appear if I build binutils by itself but I'm trying to build
them together so that I can get -flto optimization to work, as
apparently GCC balks at using the linker plugin if they weren't built
together.
Thanks!
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list