GCC 4.8.1 building fails

Ignas ignas2526@gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 09:31:00 GMT 2013


Hello,
I've tried to build GCC 4.8.1 numerous times without any luck.
Build, host, and target system: i686-pc-mingw32.
I'm using MinGW Shell, gcc -v 4.6.2 ; g++ -v 4.7.2
Configure goes fine, then building starts: it builds all required
libraries and other built-in libraries, and ./gcc folder. Then it
starts to build ./i686-pc-mingw32/libgcc folder, and that's when it
crashes.


Configure: ../gcc-*/configure --enable-languages=c,c++
Make: make

Every time I got to this point, shell showed following error:
checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: in `/y/Downloads/gcc481d/i686-pc-mingw32/libgcc`
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log` for more details.
make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-target-libgcc] Error1
make[2]: Leaving directory /y/Downloads/gcc481d
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory /y/Downloads/gcc481d
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've attached config.log.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 39933 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20130614/4c07f005/attachment.obj>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list