GCC --coverage help

roodh siddharoodh.d@gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 06:15:00 GMT 2013

Hi,

While collecting coverage of code, I found few lines of code are covering
and others not.
Ex :- 1. If function definiton is not covered, then lines within that
functions are covered.
        2. Function return statement is covering, even if functions has
already returned from if/else conditions.
        3. How the branch code is calculated ?.
           I found some time if(strcmp()), considering 5 branch some time 3
branches.

Could you anybody please explain me internal implementation of gcov or any
link.

I went through the gcc/coverage.c and other files, could not get much
information

Thanks
roodh