library not present in ldd after g++ compiled and linked my sources

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 12:59:00 GMT 2013

On 01/09/2013 01:36 PM, michaelr wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 12:56 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> On 01/09/2013 11:42 AM, michaelr wrote:
>>
>>> i run into a strange problem which i can't solve alone. The complete
>>> projects builds fine (no errors or warnings) but the programm will
>>> not start afterwards because one library (-lboost_date_time) is simply
>>> not present when i run ldd on it.
>>
>> What's the error message when you try to start the program?

> the message is: /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_wscmi.so undefined symbol:
> _ZNK5boost9gregorian10greg_month15as_short_stringEv

Is mod_wscmi.so really the same file as libmodwscmi.so.0.0.0?

(It's a bit unusual to build Apache httpd modules using libtool, I
think.  Doesn't httpd provide a separate too for that?)