GCC 4.8-20121230 snapshot fails to build on Debian

David Brown cypher543@gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:03:00 GMT 2013


I'm attempting to build the GCC 4.8-20121230 snapshot on Debian x86_64
with GCC 4.7.2. The problem first appeared on Debian Squeeze, but I've
since switched to Debian Wheezy and the it still persists.

${BASE_DIR}/pkgs/gcc-${GCC_VERSION}/configure \
--disable-shared \
--disable-nls \
--disable-multilib \
--disable-threads \
--disable-libssp \
--disable-libmudflap \
--disable-libgomp \
--enable-languages=c \
--without-headers \
--with-newlib \
--with-gmp=${BASE_DIR}/build \
--with-mpfr=${BASE_DIR}/build \
--with-mpc=${BASE_DIR}/build \
--target=${TARGET} \
--prefix=${BASE_DIR}/build 2>&1 | tee ${LOG_FILE}
make -j${CPUS} 2>&1 | tee -a ${LOG_FILE}
make install 2>&1 | tee -a ${LOG_FILE}

It fails while compiling genconstants.c:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/david/projects/eyeris/build/gcc-stage1-4.8-20121230/gcc'
g++ -c   -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE  -fno-exceptions
-fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing
-Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings
-fno-common  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -Ibuild
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/build
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/../include
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/../libcpp/include
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/build/include
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/build/include
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/build/include
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/../libdecnumber
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/../libdecnumber/bid
-I../libdecnumber
-I/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/../libbacktrace
   \
-o build/genconstants.o
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c
In file included from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/resource.h:25:0,
                 from /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/sys/wait.h:32,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:354,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:
/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/resource.h:133:18: error:
declaration does not declare anything [-fpermissive]
In file included from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:0:
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:446:23:
error: declaration of C function ‘void* sbrk(int)’ conflicts with
In file included from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:256:0,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:
/usr/include/unistd.h:1056:14: error: previous declaration ‘void*
sbrk(intptr_t)’ here
In file included from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:0:
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:450:48:
error: new declaration ‘char* strstr(const char*, const char*)’
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/cstring:44:0,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:207,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:
/usr/include/string.h:335:1: error: ambiguates old declaration ‘const
char* strstr(const char*, const char*)’
In file included from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:0:
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:502:34:
error: declaration of C function ‘const char* strsignal(int)’
conflicts with
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/cstring:44:0,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:207,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:
/usr/include/string.h:566:14: error: previous declaration ‘char*
strsignal(int)’ here
In file included from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:644:0,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/../include/libiberty.h:110:36:
error: new declaration ‘char* basename(const char*)’
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/cstring:44:0,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/system.h:207,
                 from
/home/david/projects/eyeris/pkgs/gcc-4.8-20121230/gcc/genconstants.c:29:
/usr/include/string.h:603:28: error: ambiguates old declaration ‘const
char* basename(const char*)’
make[2]: *** [build/genconstants.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/david/projects/eyeris/build/gcc-stage1-4.8-20121230/gcc'
make[1]: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/david/projects/eyeris/build/gcc-stage1-4.8-20121230'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Is my configuration incorrect or could this be a bug? I've attached
the full build log in case more information is needed.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: gcc-stage1-4.8-20121230.tar.bz2
Type: application/x-bzip2
Size: 14519 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20130105/4c6c0800/attachment.bz2>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list