Solution: How to Cross Compile on Ubuntu x86_64 for Raspberry Pi

Thomas D. Dean tomdean@speakeasy.org
Wed Feb 27 14:32:00 GMT 2013

On 02/27/13 01:30, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 27 February 2013 03:36, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
>>
>> There seems to be a problem with either the crtxxx.o files or the libs.
>>
>> Where do I file a bug report?
>
> GCC bug reports go to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/ but if the problem is
> the library paths on Ubuntu it's a known issue that should fixed in
> current sources.

The problem is not the paths, it is the files.  I substituted the
RaspberryPi files by using -nostdlib and explicit listing the files on
the command line,

diff says the crtxxx.o files on ubuntu are not the same as the same path
file on RaspberryPi.

The libs may also be not usable.

diff says /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.6/libgcc_s.so.1 on ubuntu
is not the same as the same path file on RaspberryPi.

Tom Dean