Cross Compiler Build x86_64 Host arm1176jzf-s

Thomas D. Dean tomdean@speakeasy.org
Mon Feb 25 09:11:00 GMT 2013


I want to develop on an x86_64 system for the Raspberry Pi.

 > uname -a
Linux P9X79 3.2.0-38-generic #60-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 13 13:22:43 UTC 2013 
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I will use -static, but, for now, ...

 > arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.6 --version
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.6 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3

 > cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
   fprintf(stderr,"Hello, world, from c.\n");
   return 0;
}

 > arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -c hello.c -o hello
hello.c: In function 'main':
hello.c:6:1: sorry, unimplemented: Thumb-1 hard-float VFP ABI

 > arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.6  hello.c -o hello
 > file hello
hello: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically 
linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.31, 
BuildID[sha1]=0xa0be9b9366de2860059d19eea114c25db967c5cb, not stripped

What version of gcc supports my arm1176jzf-s? (Raspberry Pi)?

This appears to work, however, I have not tested on the Raspberry Pi.

 > arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.6  -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=hard hello.c -o hello
 > file hello
hello: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically 
linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.31, 
BuildID[sha1]=0xa0be9b9366de2860059d19eea114c25db967c5cb, not stripped

Tom Dean



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list