GCC 4.7.2 build failure

Bharath Ramesh bramesh@vt.edu
Sat Feb 16 17:06:00 GMT 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 02:02:29PM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 15 February 2013 14:07, Bharath Ramesh wrote:
> >
> > Fair enough. Here is my second attempt. Here are the commands I executed
> > $ tar xvf /home/bramesh/downloads/gcc-4.7.2.tar.bz2
> >
> > $ cd gcc-4.7.2
> > $ ./contrib/download_prerequisites
> > $ wget ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/cloog-0.18.0.tar.gz
> > $ tar xvf cloog-0.18.0.tar.gz
> > $ ln -sf cloog-0.18.0 cloog
>
> The http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html does not say that
> CLooG can be built by putting the sources in the GCC dir, the way GMP,
> MPFR and MPC can be. Maybe it can, I don't know, but the docs don't
> say it can be.  Since doing that isn't working for you, maybe you
> should try installing CLooG separately (which I think means installing
> GMP separately)

I thought it can because the Makefile.in has references to
building ppl/cloog similar to gmp, mpfr and mpc. I realized that
I was using an incorrect version of CLooG as that is the version
required by current trunk and not gcc-4.7.2. I downgraded and hit
another error. Based on my research of that error in the current
status of GCC CLooG cannot be built in tree like gmp, mpfr or
mpc. I was hoping that I would have a 3 stage optimized build for
CLooG as well. Guess I was wrong.

--
Bharath