VSE2010 with GTKmm

Nick nospam@codesniffer.com
Tue Feb 12 23:51:00 GMT 2013

This is a C++ issue, not a GCC issue.

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 16:30 -0500, ArbolOne wrote:
> There is no problem with the code.
Looks like problematic code to me.

This function is returning a reference to an object, but the
implementation is returning a temporary.

Additionally, line 5 lists a variable 'run' which isn't declared
anywhere in your sample.

> #include <iostream>
>
> 1. template< typename T>
> 2. std::string& toString(const T& data){
> 3.   std::stringstream num(std::stringstream::out);
> 4.   num << data;
> 5.   return run.c_str();
> 6. }
>
> However, an error is triggered by line 3. This error started happening as soon as I added the GTKmm property sheet. If I remove the property sheet from the project, then the applicatin compiles without any problem.

If you're looking for an output string stream, consider using a
std::ostringstream.

> So, the problem is the gtkmm and not VC++ or the IDE in my Win7.
> Is there anyone here having the same problem?

Nick