can't get information of source code while using gcj + gdb

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Dec 31 12:55:00 GMT 2013

On 12/31/2013 07:22 AM, Terrance__Chen wrote:
> hello!
>
> I have a problem ,I following this page's instruction :
> http://gcc.gnu.org/java/gdb.html
> but I failed to get information of source code while debug.
> I have a t.java very simple code just something like helloworld.
> screen copy
> [chentr@tc]/mnt/94/Workspaces/MyEclipse8.6_2/test/src/com% javac t.java

javac -g

> [chentr@tc]/mnt/94/Workspaces/MyEclipse8.6_2/test/src/com% ls
> t$1.class  t.class  t$DATA_TYPE.class  test  t.java
> [chentr@tc]/mnt/94/Workspaces/MyEclipse8.6_2/test/src/com% gcj -g --main=t -o t *.class
> [chentr@tc]/mnt/94/Workspaces/MyEclipse8.6_2/test/src/com% ls
> t  t$1.class  t.class  t$DATA_TYPE.class  test  t.java
> [chentr@tc]/mnt/94/Workspaces/MyEclipse8.6_2/test/src/com% gdb t
> GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.4.50.20120120-52.fc17)
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
> and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
> For bug reporting instructions, please see:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
> Reading symbols from /mnt/94/Workspaces/MyEclipse8.6_2/test/src/com/t...done.
> (gdb) list
> 1       /tmp/cct4xGDK.i: No such file or directory.
> (gdb)
> you see ,when I run list at last ,can't list any thing.

I think that gcj's startup code is generated, then compiled, then
thrown away.  Perhaps we need to suppress debug info generation for
it.

Please send the full test case to me.

Andrew.