immediate operands without dollar sign for inline asm
Andrew Haley
aph@redhat.com
Wed Dec 18 09:38:00 GMT 2013
On 12/18/2013 05:45 AM, dw wrote:
>
>>> I haven't had much (actually any) response from the gcc doc people about
>>> this effort.
>> I responded.
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize you were on the doc team. Reading the
> maintainers list, I was expecting Gerald or Joseph.
I'm not on the doc team. However, if we can get the technical
content right it shouldn't be too hard to get your changes in.
>> I reviewed part of it, and there were significant
>> technical inaccuracies that had to be addressed before the changes
>> were considered for inclusion.
>
> Yes, you did make a couple comments regarding a brief section of the
> docs. However, after I corrected those issues, you were no longer
> responsive. Are you ready to provide additional feedback?
>
> Other comments I have received from this work (here and elsewhere) have
> been generally positive. While I don't believe any of these people have
> the same in-depth technical knowledge of gcc that you do, the impression
> I got was that this work was seen as a huge improvement over the
> existing docs.
To some extent it was, but there were still problems and I ran
out of time.
> If you are willing to take the time to review this work, I would be
> interested in any feedback you'd care to give. However if you are going
> to review this, give me a day or two to bring them up to speed. I'd
> want to sync it with the current builds, and give it one last read to
> see if letting this sit for 8 months (yes, it has been nearly that long)
> gives me any new perspective.
In GCCland 8 months is not a long time. :-)
> After that, just let me know what feedback process works best for you:
> Sending emails, me providing you the texi file so you can make changes
> directly, phone call, etc.
As I said, it'll have to be formally approved by a docs maintainer,
but I'm happy to help knock it into shape if you like.
Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list