building a fortran cross compiler on OS X

Samuel Halliday sam.halliday@gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:38:00 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I am able to successfully build c/c++ cross compilers from OS X for Linux using the macports build script (interpretation into shell commands should be mostly obvious)

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/crossgcc-1.0.tcl

However, when I enable the fortran language, my build fails with

:info:build checking whether symbol versioning is supported... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
:info:build make[1]: *** [configure-target-libgfortran] Error 1
:info:build make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_cross_x86_64-elf-gcc/x86_64-elf-gcc/work/build'

Is there something else I must pass to the build to get fortran support?

--
Sam