Where can I find documentations about new DWARF terms like DW_MACRO_GNU_transparent_include?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Aug 23 20:08:00 GMT 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Terry Guo <flameroc@gmail.com> wrote:

> GCC made a lot of extensions to dwarf standard, like
> DW_MACRO_GNU_transparent_include. I want to know their meanings and
> usage. Is there a central place to explain those extensions? Thanks.

I'm not aware of a central place.  Different proposals are documented
in different places, often as proposed DWARF extensions at
http://wiki.dwarfstd.org/index.php?title=Dwarf_Workgroup_Discussions .

For DW_MACRO_GNU_transparent_include specifically I don't know if
there is anything more formal than
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-07/msg01070.html .

Ian