GENERIC global variable context

Philip Herron redbrain@gcc.gnu.org
Tue Aug 20 15:04:00 GMT 2013

Hey

I am wondering how do i have a global variable in GENERIC currently i am doing:

tree stack_offset = build_decl (BUILTINS_LOCATION, VAR_DECL,
 create_tmp_var_name ("__MODULE_STK_OFFS"),
 sizetype);

  TREE_STATIC (stack_offset) = 1;
  TREE_PUBLIC (stack_offset) = 1;
  TREE_USED (stack_offset) = 1;
  DECL_INITIAL (stack_offset) = build_int_cst (integer_type_node, 0);
  rest_of_decl_compilation (stack_offset, 1, 0);

Then i add this to the array of stuff you pass to the middle-end but i
am getting:

<built-in>: In function ‘t.__main_start__’:
<built-in>:0:0: internal compiler error: in expand_expr_real_1, at expr.c:9326

Its this assert:

/* Variables inherited from containing functions should have
been lowered by this point.  */
      context = decl_function_context (exp);
      gcc_assert (!context
 || context == current_function_decl
 || TREE_STATIC (exp)
 || DECL_EXTERNAL (exp)
 /* ??? C++ creates functions that are not TREE_STATIC.  */
 || TREE_CODE (exp) == FUNCTION_DECL);

So it must be because that has no context set but i the idea is that i
want in generic to be able to use this global variable:

sizetype myglobal

void myfunction () {
sizetype x = myglobal + ...
}

I hope this makes sense just not sure what the context needs to be set
to i think.

--Phil