mlock in cache

Christos xristos.tsop@gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 15:03:00 GMT 2013

On 08/02/2013 03:27 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> __builtin_prefetch() is what you need. However, there's no way you'll
> be able to lock anything in L1: it'll be evicted very shortly
> afterwards. Andrew.

Sorry for that, but from what I see __builtin_prefetch() just fetches in
advance the related pages but it does not guarantee that thy won't be
thrown out of the cache. I want to know if there is some way to prefetch
and lock some memory unit in cache. I'm pretty sure that there should be
a way for this to be done in assembly, but I don't know for C or some
gcc built-in

--
Christos Tsopokis