4.8 cross compiler help needed

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Wed Apr 17 15:54:00 GMT 2013


16.4.2013 22:28, Kai Ruottu kirjoitti:
> 16.4.2013 15:13, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:05 PM, NeonJohn <jgd@neon-john.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  I have successfully compiled 4.8 for my native system, Ubuntu Linux.
> >> Now I'm trying to build a cross compiler to generate ARM code for the
> >> Beagle Bone.  Having a few problems.

I tried this target with Linux binutils-2.23.51 and with GCC sources 
4.6.4, 4.7.3 and 4.8.0.
The first two succeeded nicely but gcc-4.8.0 build stopped when 
compiling 'libatomic' :

libtool: compile:  /home/src/gcc-4.8.0/build/./gcc/xgcc 
-B/home/src/gcc-4.8.0/build/./gcc/ 
-B/opt/cross/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ 
-B/opt/cross/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/lib/ -isystem 
/opt/cross/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/include -isystem 
/opt/cross/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/sys-include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H 
-I../../../libatomic/config/arm -I../../../libatomic/config/linux/arm 
-I../../../libatomic/config/posix -I../../../libatomic -I. -Wall -Werror 
-pthread -g -Os -MT load_1_.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/load_1_.lo.Ppo -DN=1 -c 
../../../libatomic/config/linux/arm/load_n.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/load_1_.o
../../../libatomic/config/linux/arm/load_n.c:49:0: fatal error: opening 
dependency file .deps/load_1_.lo.Ppo: No such file or directory
  #include "../../../load_n.c"
  ^
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [load_1_.lo] Virhe 1
make[4]: Poistutaan hakemistosta 
"/media/2c439158-ef3e-4dcf-a63b-03191c302829/home/src/gcc-4.8.0/build/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/libatomic"

So is there some problem with arm-linux-gnueabi and libatomic just now?  
And what on earth is this libatomic, is it necessary at all or can one
just use a '--disable-libatomic' into the GCC configure command and 
leave it away? (I will try again with it)

The configure command can be seen from the following (If some knows the 
Angstrom-Cloud9- Linux better then could comment these options,
for me the builds were just for a fun) :

[root@HP-Pavilion build]# gcc/xgcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc/xgcc
Target: arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi
Configured with: ../configure --build=i686-linux-gnu 
--host=i686-linux-gnu --target=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi 
--prefix=/opt/cross --with-sysroot=/opt/host-arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi 
--libdir=/opt/cross/lib --libexecdir=/opt/cross/lib 
--enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-c99 --enable-long-long 
--enable-symvers=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-pch --enable-__cxa_atexit 
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-target-optspace 
--enable-lto --enable-libssp --enable-cheaders=c_global 
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-linker-hash-style=gnu 
--with-ppl=no --with-cloog=no 
--with-gxx-include-dir=/opt/cross/include/c++/4.8.0 
--disable-silent-rules --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-nls 
--disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-multilib 
--program-prefix=arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi- --program-suffix=-4.8
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.0 (GCC)



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list