--with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Sat Sep 22 23:59:00 GMT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Bruce Korb <bruce.korb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/22/12 15:02, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
>>> Are you looking for gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org?
>>
>>> mpc-devel ? (not my platform, I don't even know if that package exists, but
>>> your grep pattern excludes such a package)
>>
>> yes, it is "mpc-devel" on suse.
>>
>> one needs the "-devel" packages of all the requirements.
>
>> $ rpm -q -a|egrep -i 'libmpc|gmp|mpfr'
>> mpfr-devel-3.1.0-2.1.3.x86_64      <<<====
>> libmpc2-0.8.2-15.1.3.x86_64        <<<====
>> gmp-devel-5.0.5-3.3.3.x86_64       <<<====
>
> and I find no libmpc.*devel package either.

On suse, I always use Yast (or Yast2 for the graphical
interface) to install packages.

* Start Yast
* Select "Software", then "Software Management" tab
* Enter mpc-devel in the box titled "Search Phrase"; hit Enter
* You should see mpc-devel as part of the result; select it
   and accept;
* that should be all.

The version of MPC that comes with opensuse 12.2 is 0.8.2 and
should be good.

Hope that helps,

-- Gaby