libgcov issue in GCC_3.23
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Fri Sep 7 14:07:00 GMT 2012
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Georgy Sebastian Pullolickal
<georgysebastian@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to do a code coverage analysis on a code. For some reasons
> I am still using gcc-3.23 (I don't have an option to upgrade it
> currently).
> Now, when I try to link the code with -lgcov option, I am getting a
> "cannot find -lgcov option".
> I have already found that I don't have the libgcov.a in my /usr/lib.
> I had tried compiling gcc-3.23 source directly, but even there I was
> unable to find it.
>
> Could someone please direct me to where I could find this library.
There was never a GCC 3.23 release. I assume you mean GCC 3.2.3,
which was released in 2003.
The libgcov library was added in GCC 3.4. There is no -lgcov in GCC
3.2.3. But, then, you shouldn't need it. Why are you trying to use
-lgcov with GCC 3.2.3? In order to get coverage information with GCC
3.2.3, you should follow the GCC 3.2.3 documentation.
Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list