Generate Function without Prologue and Epilogue

David Brown david.brown@hesbynett.no
Wed Sep 5 16:37:00 GMT 2012

On 05/09/12 07:37, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Xin Tong<xerox.time.tech@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> any reason why naked functions are not support for x86 ?
>
> No special reason, no.
>
> Ian

Is this something that could easily be moved from target-specific
attributes into more general gcc support?  I'm sure the maintainers of
ports like the avr that have a "naked" attribute would be happier if it
were a general feature rather than specific to their port, and I'm sure
that other embedded targets would appreciate it.

However, I have no clue as to whether this is a simple matter of moving
code from a target-specific file to a generic file, or if it needs a lot
more work.

David