linking problems with shared objects

Michael auinger@mpie.de
Thu Oct 4 15:16:00 GMT 2012

Dear Ian,

Thanks for the info!
I tried it but again it did not work (also when writing a config file for
gcc and put this into the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ folder).

Meanwhile I tried to compile the programme with the old software version
once more and - surprise - it works just fine. Maybe there are some problems
with the new libraries. The problem is that the programme is very old (10-15
years) and they might have changed some things in the meantime.

Anyway thanks for your help,
Michael