Question about gimple frontend
Lyu Mitnick
mitnick.lyu@gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:51:00 GMT 2012
Hello Ian,
Thanks for your reply. I have check out the source code from gimple-front-end
branch, and build gimple1 successfully. However neither took the example of
GimpleFrontEnd wiki nor *.gimple in gcc/testsuite/gimple.dg as input, gimple1
just check/parse but output nothing in *.s. My running script is as follows:
$ gimple1 20120523-1.gimple
I am wondering whether I misuse gimple1 or the project status is systax checking
only.
Thanks a lot
2012/11/30 Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Lyu Mitnick <mitnick.lyu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I notice that there is a project Gimple FE - A Gimple Front End
>> (http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GimpleFrontEnd).
>> I have read the GCC document to find how to use. And I found the
>> option, -fdump-tree-gimple, which can
>> be used to output gimple. However I cannot find any option to read
>> gimple in, and continues compiling.
>> Would you mind to tell me how to do it?
>
> It's a project. It's not complete and it's not part of mainline GCC.
> As the wiki page says, the work is being done on the gimple-front-end
> branch.
>
> Ian
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list