the struggle for a 64-bit GCC on Solaris 10 - part 2

Ryan Johnson ryan.johnson@cs.utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 12 23:25:00 GMT 2012


On 12/11/2012 6:17 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> On 12/11/2012 5:13 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>>> On 12 November 2012 21:57, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>>>> fact : you can not build libgmp with Sun cc
>>> Doesn't matter.  It's a C library, you can compile it with GCC and
>>> link it to code compiled with either GCC or Sun C.
>> Well, that and I built it with Sun cc yesterday...
> You build gmp with what rev of Oracle Studio ?
>
> I was convinced, as are the authors of that lib, that it can't be done.
$ cc -V
cc: Sun C 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124867-11 2009/04/30
usage: cc [ options] files.  Use 'cc -flags' for details

I've used 5.10 as well, on a different machine.

Like I said before, if later versions are broken, that's Oracle's fault, 
not gcc's.

Ryan



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list