Runtime Parameters in GCC

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Nov 6 14:47:00 GMT 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM, SANKAR <chnabsankar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If the classification of these parameters with respect to their influence on
> Optimization Objective(Compilation time/memory, Execution time, Code size)
> etc is provided, the user can fine tune their application further.

All the parameters are documented in the manual.  Many of them are
tradeoffs among the areas you mention.

> Is there any list of Language specific and Architecture specific Runtime
> Parameter list?

As far as I know, the only language-specific parameter is
cxx-max-namespaces-for-diagnostic-help.  As far as I know, there are
no architecture-specific parameters, though it may be worth mentioning
that several of the backends do set default values for parameters like
l1-cache-size.

Ian