the struggle for a 64-bit GCC on Solaris 10 - part 2

Dennis Clarke dclarke@blastwave.org
Mon Nov 12 22:55:00 GMT 2012


> On 12 November 2012 22:49, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> > On 12 November 2012 22:37, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm giving this a try :
> >>
> >>     CC='gcc -m64 -D__XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g'
> >>
> >> ... thus far it has not blown up in 71 secs.  :-\
> >
> > It will fail with the same error in prettyprint.g
> 
> That should be pretty-print.c

I think at this point I am left wondering where the bug is. There must be a "bug" somewhere
because this process of just bootstrapping should work. It doesn't. I just don't see that filing
a bug report to Oracle would get me anywhere. 

Really, I'm trying to get a result here .. and not getting very far.  Maybe a change in 
pretty-print.c is needed .. not sure. 

I'll stop what I am doing and try again with -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 and then if it blows up 
in the usual 71 secs .. that's it. Give up on Solaris 10. 

Dennis 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list