the struggle for a 64-bit GCC on Solaris 10 - part 2

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:13:00 GMT 2012

On 12 November 2012 21:57, Dennis Clarke wrote:

> fact : you can not build libgmp with Sun cc

Doesn't matter.  It's a C library, you can compile it with GCC and
link it to code compiled with either GCC or Sun C.

> thought : I see no value in using the Sun/Oracle compilers to build GNU C compiler collection

Well if it works and the alternative doesn't ... maybe it's worth trying.

>> could have completed several times, modulo those funky CFLAGS you
>> added.
>
> No such funky CFLAGS are in effect. Only -m64 and a few non-funky totally sane falgs .. but hey .. I'll try it again without -D_TS_ERRNO and see what happens.

As I said on the bug report, you'll need to define _XOPEN_SOURCE or
_POSIX_C_SOURCE for the correct iconv(3) declaration.