probably an old question about overriding hardcoded library search paths
Charles Smith
cts.private@yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 15:12:00 GMT 2012
Thank you for your response. When the -L option is specified, where does the new directory go, if not on the end of the list?
In fact, I'd tried your first suggestion prior to posting and I thought I got multiple definitions. But in response to your suggestion, I tried again, and it looks like it did work. So, I must have made a mistake elsewhere. So it looks at this point.
Thank you.
--- On Sun, 11/11/12, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:
> From: Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr>
> Subject: Re: probably an old question about overriding hardcoded library search paths
> To: "Charles Smith" <cts.private@yahoo.com>
> Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Date: Sunday, November 11, 2012, 6:52 AM
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2012, Charles Smith
> wrote:
>
> > How can I force a private copy of sqlite3 to be linked
> to my
> > application?
>
> You can always pass /path/to/libA.a instead of -L/path/to
> -lA.
>
> > My ubuntu 10.04 system has sqlite3 in /usr/local/lib
> and /usr/lib.
> > I want to link my application with a private version of
> sqlite3.
> > Using -L and -l doesn't work because the additional
> directory is
> > "appended" to the search path.
>
> No. It might give priority to dynamic libraries over static
> ones though.
> See -Bstatic in the documentation of the linker.
>
> -- Marc Glisse
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list