COMPILER_PATH question

Chih Wang wangcyc@gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:00:00 GMT 2012


Thanks guys.

I found the problem and thought I'd share this info.

In my environment I used a variable to indicate where the GCC
toolchain is installed. The name I picked was GCC_ROOT which I thought
was random. But somehow, setting GCC_ROOT resulted in shortened
COMPILER_PATH and it no longer included the path where gcc was
located. Strangely, this behavior only happens for COMPILER_PATH but
not include or library path which still show the location where gcc is
installed.

Using a different name to indicate my local gcc location solved my problem.

Regards,
Chih

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 May 2012 00:08, Chih Wang wrote:
>>
>>> gcc test.cc -o myout -lstdc++
>
> In case it's not obvious, a simpler form of that command is:
>
> g++ test.cc -o myout



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list