Why is fixincludes not doing anything?

rbmj rbmj@verizon.net
Sun May 27 06:08:00 GMT 2012


On 05/26/2012 04:53 PM, rbmj wrote:
> My theory is that fixincludes is running for the host OS, but not for 
> the cross targets (libgcc, etc. in sysroot).  But I don't really know 
> for sure.  Maybe the mach = *-*-vxworks isn't what it's supposed to be 
> - that could also be the problem.  Or something else entirely.
>

Anyone know about fixincludes specifically on cross compilers?  Does it 
run fixincludes for both host and target (it seems like it should)?  
Where is each directory - if host is gcc/include-fixed, where is 
target?  And if I run with --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks, then a 
fixincludes rule with a mach = *-*-vxworks constraint should run on the 
system headers found in sysroot, shouldn't they?  And this should be 
done *before* libgcc is built, as libgcc runs on the target and so needs 
fixed target includes, right?  If so, and I have run genfixes, and the 
make check appears to be fine, then why is the fix not getting applied?

Again, thanks for all your help,

Robert Mason



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list