trying to build a DLL on Windows 7 gcc using 3rd party libraries
Ángel González
keisial@gmail.com
Wed May 23 17:34:00 GMT 2012
Sorry, I had missed this.
On 02/05/12 21:01, Ray Holme wrote:
> Angel,
>
> I could not find pexports (except on the net) but I did find dumpbin. I ran it against the two libraries like
> dumpbin/EXPORTS fbclient_ms.lib ....
>
> It printed out a list of routines that are in the library, but NO information about how they are declared.
> The originator's own include files imply to use "__stdcall", but I am at a loss here as I am out of my element (Unix and therefore "ar").
No, it doesn't provide the call convention. I just expected the output
of the function name, if it had some prefixes or suffixes (they may be
added to give hints about the call convention).
On 03/05/12 18:35, Ray Holme wrote:
> I may have found the problem here, but I am in Microsoft land and am not sure of myself.
>
> It would appear that the version of gcc that I installed is 32 bit - the name is MINGW32.
>
> It would appear that the version of the firebird software is 64 bit so the libraries are 64 bit.
>
> This is probably why the link does not deal well with the libraries.
>
> In Unix I could be sure as I could say "file gcc.exe" ....
>
> I will make sure that the two are compabible and try again.
>
> Very confused - if anyone can tell me the MS equivalent of Unix/Linux "file", that would help a lot.
>
> Ray
One way would be to copy the files to a Unix machine and run file there.
Another would be to get a version of file compiled for windows, such as
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/file.htm
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list