how to disable __thiscall on MinGW-gcc-4.7.x ?

JonY jon_y@users.sourceforge.net
Sun May 13 03:38:00 GMT 2012


On 5/13/2012 09:47, niXman wrote:
> 2012/5/12 Paweł Sikora:
>> are there any benefits from this move? iirc gcc users can't call msvc-c++
>> parts directly due to different objects layout and name mangling.
> 

There is an ongoing effort to make them compatible, though not any time
soon, this is one of the first steps.

> In this case, I do not understand the meaning in __ thiscall by default.
> Also, I do not understand why this feature is not disabled. Someone
> must have enabled it. How can I disable it?
> 

I don't think it can be disabled. You should revert to an older version
compatible with your compiled libraries.

As a side note, C++ is a very complex language, you should not assume
the objects are compatible if you mix compilers, even if it's a
different version of the same compiler.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20120513/89f834e6/attachment-0001.sig>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list