Help compiling native gcc-4.7.0 on Solaris/x86
Vincent Diepeveen
diep@xs4all.nl
Mon May 21 22:29:00 GMT 2012
hi Shahbaz,
Am i seeing it correctly you configure by accident in the SAME
directory as where the installs are?
It's better to make a new directory and compile it there, so a
different directory than where the sourcecode is.
mkdir gcc470
cd gcc470
../gcc-4.7.0/configure
Bootstrap is turned on automatically already, only if you want to
turn it off add a parameter.
Hope that helps you, fixes 1 problem another 100 to go :)
On May 21, 2012, at 11:45 PM, Shahbaz Javeed wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've dug through the archives to see if my question is answered here
> but haven't found anything. I've been scouring Google for the past
> few days and am coming to you for help after having exhausted the
> resources at my disposal. Without further ado, here's what I have:
>
> My system:
> SunOS archive 5.11 oi_151a i86pc i386 i86pc
> isainfo -kv reports a 64bit OS: 64-bit amd64 kernel modules
>
> System compiler:
> gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-20050802)
>
> Libraries I'm using to compile gcc-4.7.0:
> gmp-5.0.5
> mpfr-3.0.1 (mpfr-3.1.0 crashed earlier than where I am)
> mpc-0.9
> binutils-2.22
>
> I'm attempting to do a full bootstrap compilation so I can get rid of
> the system compiler. I've followed the instructions here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/6228588 to setup and build gcc using the
> libraries mentioned above.
>
> I'm building as per gcc recommendations in a build directory parallel
> to the gcc-4.7.0 sources. My environment has the following variables:
>
> ABI=long
>
> and the configure command I used to kickstart this build is:
>
> ../gcc-4.7.0/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc --enable-bootstrap
> --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld
>
> I've also tried it out without the "gnu-as" and "gnu-ld" lines but get
> the same result which might be telling.
>
> Compiling fails with the error message shown in this paste bin:
> http://pastebin.com/t2DAjFQn
>
> As I said I'm at my wit's end at this time. I thought for sure the
> "with-gnu-ld" and "with-gnu-as" would solve this but it hasn't and
> removing those bits doesn't change where the build breaks or the error
> message.
>
> I can provide any additional information (files, output, etc) as
> needed. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Shahbaz Javeed
> Blog: http://learnonthejob.blogspot.com/
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list