trouble building gcc 4.7 on x64 ubuntu derivative
Dylan Evans
floobit@gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:18:00 GMT 2012
Any help would be great. I apologize if I missed some important bit
of documentation. Essentially, I cannot find my newly compiled
binaries gcc, g++, etc.
I wanted a side-by-side install of 4.7 alongside the pre-existing gcc
4.6.1, so unpacked the tarball to /usr/local/bin/gcc-4.7.0. I then
created directories as directed, with objdir=/usr/local/gcc2install
and dirname=/usr/local/gcc2. From /usr/local/gcc2install, I ran
sudo /usr/local/bin/gcc-4.7.0/cofigure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc2
--program-suffix=47
Then sudo make. It yielded no critical errors that I could notice but
the process did not write any files to /usr/local/gcc2. I then ran
locate gcc47 (locate gcc yields many references to the pre-existing
install), which yielded nothing. I then ran
make -k check &> ~/testgcc
which took around a half an hour and said that everything is
configured fairly well.
Any ideas on where to find the binaries?
Thanks,
floobit
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list