g++ libstdc++ linker question.

F. Heitkamp heitkamp@ameritech.net
Wed May 2 11:14:00 GMT 2012


On 04/30/12 13:47, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 30 April 2012 18:28, Jonathan Wakely<jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 30 April 2012 13:39, F. Heitkamp wrote:
>>
> The matplotlib I use is built with:
>
> python setupegg.py build_ext \
>    --rpath=/opt/gcc-4.4.3/lib64
> python setupegg.py build
> python setupegg.py install --user
>
> The --rpath option ensures the right libstdc++.so is found at runtime
> (we have several installed).  That build works here, and is linked to
> libstdc++.so.  Unfortunately it builds matplotlib as a python egg,
> which is a very annoying package format.  I'd rather not install it
> via egg, but have no experience doing so and can't suggest why your
> build was not linked to libstdc++.
>

This last suggestion did not work for me.  I got the same undefined 
symbol error.  My linux setup is a 64 bits kernel running on sort of a 
hybrid 32/64 bits system.  By that I mean I have some 64 bits userland 
along with the 32bits.  When I configure python programs using the usual 
commands it comes back with arch x86_64.  Anyway I guess this is getting 
off topic for this list now, but suggestions are welcome nonetheless.

Fred



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list