trying to build a DLL on Windows 7 gcc using 3rd party libraries

Ray Holme rayholme@yahoo.com
Tue May 1 13:25:00 GMT 2012



>> NO, using dll's does not work - see below. Using lib files comes closest but the two routines that I am seeking to link to are not being found (I know they are there, one in each .lib).
>> ,,,

>isc_decode_date seems to be using stdcall.

  tried both stdcall and cdecl - both fail.

>I wonder if ib_util_malloc is really ib_util_malloc or mangled _ib_util_malloc

  that is possible and I could try that

>Have you looked at the exports of those libraries?
>You could use pexports or dumpbin by Microsoft.

  thanks, I will try those a little later today

>Are those libraries available somewhere so that we can test with them?

The libraries and include files defining the failing routines are part of the FREE Firebird 2.5 distribution.

I have built a minimal version of my code which calls the two routines needed in the libraries, included a builddll.bat file which is how I TRY to build this; included the two firebird include files AND the two firebird libaries they point at. They are all attached for your viewing.

I will continue trying the two microsoft programs you suggested (if I have them, or try to download).

If you have these tools and can easily see some trivial changes to the "EXPORT" pre-compiler macro that I use, I would be eternally grateful.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: for_angel.tar.gz
Type: application/x-gzip
Size: 55222 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20120501/d60a1db9/attachment.bin>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list