Trouble with building multilib GCC (MinGW)
niXman
i.nixman@gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:11:00 GMT 2012
2012/3/14 Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com>:
> When I look at the fourth line of the pastebin link you posted earlier
> (http://pastebin.com/KiGHVgVQ) I see an invocation of xgcc. I can not
> see the path used to search for the crt file in that line. The -B and
> -L options passed to xgcc are not the final search path. The final
> search path is computed by the gcc driver by applying multilib
> transformations to the -B and -L options. In order to see the actual
> search path, you will need to run that exact command with the -v option.
I just now noticed that xgcc is used.
According to the instructions [1], core-cross-compiler (make all-gcc)
must be built first, and with its help multilib-crt and gcc (make all)
is built. How is it possible to determine that xgcc runs/uses
<sysroot>/bin/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe? After building and
installation (make all-gcc & make install-gcc) core-cross-compiler, I
set <sysroot>/bin in PATH.
> Thanks. That all looks fine but I now realize that I need something
> else. The output of:
>
> gcc --print-multi-os-directory
$ i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --print-multi-os-directory
../lib
> gcc --print-multi-os-directory -m32
$ i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --print-multi-os-directory -m32
../lib
> gcc --print-multi-os-directory -m64
$ i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --print-multi-os-directory -m64
../lib64
>
> Ian
1: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/wiki/Cross%20Win32%20and%20Win64%20compiler#BuildingtheGCCcorecross-compilers
--
Regards,
niXman
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list