How do I add missing stdc functions to libstdc++-v3?

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 20:34:00 GMT 2012


On 6 March 2012 20:04, Vaugha Brewchuk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently spent a considerable amount of time porting gcc-3.2.3 to NEXTSTEP 3.3 on m68k NeXT hardware.  With some tweaks I was able to finish all three stages of c, objc, c++ and f77 and all the binaries successfully compare.  I do, however, have a problem with correctly configuring libstdc++ and consequently c++ binaries do not link.  I spent some time reading through the gcc, collect2 and libstdc++ documentation, but so far I was not able to find an obvious solution.  Below are the error messages that I receive when compiling abi_check.cc:
>
> /bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> access(char const*, int)
> ___gxx_personality_sj0
> ___cxa_call_unexpected
> strxfrm(char*, char const*, unsigned long)
> strdup(char*)
> write(int, void const*, unsigned long)
> _strdup

How are you compiling abi_check.cc?  By running 'make check' or some other way?

strdup and write are not part of libstdc++, so if they're not being
found then something is going wrong.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list