gcc optimisation flags for Intel Atom

xunxun xunxun1982@gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:22:00 GMT 2012


于 2012/6/26 18:39, Michael Zintakis 写道:
>
>>> Personally, I think using "-O2 -march=atom -msssse3 -mfpmath=sse 
>>> -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe" is decent enough. Any other opinions? I 
>>> am using gcc 4.4.5.
>> -msssse3 -> -mssse3
> Yeah, it was a typo, thanks!
>
>> As I know, -mfpmath=sse may slow some code speed in some 
>> architechures, but I don't know if it also is on ATOM.
> No idea! Hopefully, some of the more knowledgeable on this ML could 
> provide some insights.
If your code don't depend on floating point precision, you can use 
-ffast-math.

If your code is stable enough, you can use gcc PGO optimazation.


And -mfpmath=sse will slow my most code greatly on my computer (gcc 
32bit, Win7 64bit, Intel Core2), so I don't use it.

-- 
Best Regards,
xunxun



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list