error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari
ahsan.pmd@gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:14:00 GMT 2012
Dear Jonathan
I tried to export the library path in bashrc earlier but it didn't
work. Now I passed the linker option -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib64 to
the program and it worked. Thanks for your help. One more question I
want to also compile for parallel version of program using openmpi. So
which options should be given in the F90 compiler and linker.
On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 June 2012 11:15, Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari <ahsan.pmd@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Now I linked it using LDFLG = --static-libgfortran in compile option
>>> file of application. And now the executable gives the following error
>>> instead of previous.
>>>
>>> [root@pmd03 bin]# ./int2lm_seq_v1.18
>>> ./int2lm_seq_v1.18: error while loading shared libraries:
>>> libquadmath.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>>> [root@pmd03 bin]#
>
> I've already answered this question. I can't help you if you ignore
> my suggestions.
>
> The runtime linker is finding the 32-bit version of libgfortran.so.3
> but you are trying to run a 64-bit program.
>
> There are a number of ways to tell the dynamic linker how to find the
> right library, see
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_dynamic_or_shared.html#manual.intro.using.linkage.dynamic
>
> You need to tell the runtime linker how to find the right library files.
>
> Run "ldd ./int2lm_seq_v1.18" and it will show you the file it's using.
> You need to make it find the right file, that you installed when you
> installed the newer version of GCC.
>
>
>>> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> On 21 June 2012 10:18, Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari wrote:
>>>>> Yes I have built outside the source directory in objdir,
>>>>
>>>> Then you don't need to delete the srcdir.
>>>>
>>>>> I am trying
>>>>> to build it again because the application which is using gfortran is
>>>>> not working after the previous build.
>>>>
>>>> The error you showed in an earlier mail is because you didn't link the
>>>> application properly, not because of a problem with the GCC build.
>>>>
>>>> Instead of building GCC again why not just link the application properly?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Engr. Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari
>>> Electronic Engineer (EE)
>>> Research & Development Division
>>> Pakistan Meteorological Department H-8/2, Islamabad.
>>> Phone # off +92518358714
>>> Cell # +923155145014
>>> www.pmd.gov.pk
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Engr. Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari
>> Electronic Engineer (EE)
>> Research & Development Division
>> Pakistan Meteorological Department H-8/2, Islamabad.
>> Phone # off +92518358714
>> Cell # +923155145014
>> www.pmd.gov.pk
--
Engr. Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari
Electronic Engineer (EE)
Research & Development Division
Pakistan Meteorological Department H-8/2, Islamabad.
Phone # off +92518358714
Cell # +923155145014
www.pmd.gov.pk
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list