gcc makefile hello world (linking iostream)

blessman11 blessingta@hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 14:24:00 GMT 2012




Jonathan Wakely-4 wrote:
> 
> On 21 June 2012 16:14, blessman11 wrote:
>>
>> hi
>>
>> I'm trying to code hello world in GCC, but whilst I get my simple
>> makefile
>> correctly, the problem comes when I try to use <iostream> or even my own
>> headerfiles defined outside the folder with my main .cpp file.
>>
>> so any help?
> 
> I already answered this question, read my entire reply:
> 
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2012-06/msg00068.html
> 
> 

I thought I had been posting in this thread instead, my bad. But why is it
throwing up errors like that, how can I make my code stop linking with "gcc"
instead of "g++". What else do I have to do beyond what I did?

[output]all: hello
        -std=c++11

 objects = hello.o

 edit: $(objects)
        g++ -o edit $(objects)
 [/output] 
-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/gcc-makefile-hello-world-%28linking-iostream%29-tp34049219p34066873.html
Sent from the gcc - Help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list