error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:29:00 GMT 2012


On 21 June 2012 08:21, Syed Ahsan Ali Bokhari wrote:
> Dear Jonathan
>
> For the sake of building static libraries I tried to configure with
> option --disable-shared.

That's a waste of time, the default is to build both static and
dynamic libs so you should have them already.

Your problem is that you haven't given the correct path to the linker,
why are you trying to build GCC again?

> But that was not successful. And now even the
> previous build is not working.

Then you're not following the same steps.

> I have cleaned the source directory
> again

That's not necessary if you build *outside* the source directory, as I
keep suggesting.  If you never build in the source directory then it
never gets altered and you only need to clean the *build* directory.

If you haven't followed the advice and are building in the source
directory then you may need to remove everything and start from
scratch.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list