Trouble building latest svn head

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Jul 26 02:16:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Dhruv Matani <dhruvbird@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ian,
>
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
>
>> This appears to be a problem with your C library.  On your system
>> /usr/include/features.h does #include <bits/predefs.h>, but
>> bits/predefs.h does not exist.  There isn't much GCC can do to help
>> there.
>>
>> If you look at /usr/include/features.h you may find some other ideas.
>
> It seems that predefs.h does exist, but it resides at:
> /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/ and not /usr/include/bits/
>
> Is there some hack that I can do (set some env. vars. maybe) to let
> gcc search that path as well for includes?

Oh, sorry, you are running a new version of Debian or Ubuntu.  They
choose to move header files and libraries around in a way that breaks
all existing GCC release.  Please complain to them.

In the meantime, setting these environment variables may help:

LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu

Ian