The sound of exceptions whooshing by....
david.hagood@gmail.com
david.hagood@gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:35:00 GMT 2012
> On 31/01/2012, at 8:45 AM, david.hagood@gmail.com wrote:
> Did you rebuilt the shared library with the 2009q3-67 release as well?
> There are known (and fixed) bugs caused by incompatibilities between
> RealView-built libraries Sourcery G++-built executables.
Yes, all objects were built with the same toolchain.
>
> Make sure that the library and the executable are compiled with no stray
> exception-related options like -fno-unwind-tables.
I've gone so far as to try -fasynchronous-unwind-tables (and am going to
try -funwind-tables) - so far no luck.
>
> Another common source of uncaught exceptions is a C function on stack; any
> C code that may have to pass through C++ exceptions need to be compiled
> with additional options.
No, no C on the stack - straight C++ all the way.
>
> If nothing else, you can try rebuilding both your application and your
> libraries with a more recent toolchain release, e.g., Sourcery CodeBench
> Lite 2011.03-41.
That's the next step, but - then you get into updating the target
environment (libc etc.), and then the issue of the rest of the target
executables. I'm saving that dubious pleasure until I feel I have no
choice.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list