freebsd gcc cross compiler creates binaries that crash when using c++ exceptions
Markus Henschel
markus.henschel@yager.de
Tue Jan 17 10:14:00 GMT 2012
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
> Behalf Of Andrew Haley
> Sent: Montag, 16. Januar 2012 11:47
> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Re: freebsd gcc cross compiler creates binaries that crash
> when using c++ exceptions
>
> On 01/16/2012 10:44 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> > On 01/16/2012 09:30 AM, Markus Henschel wrote:
> >> What I did so far was attaching gdb and seeing that it crashes in
> libgcc in __cxa_end_catch. I guess I'll have to build libgcc with debug
> symbols then.
> >
> > This is almost always a mismatch of libraries: there is a complex set
> > of interdependencies between libc, libstdc++, and libgcc.
>
> By the way, what does a native freebsd gcc do?
>
> Andrew
When I take the same sources for gcc that produce the "buggy" cross compiler on linux and build it natively on FreeBSD it works as it should. I even used the same --with-sysroot and --prefix switches and copied the freebsd sysroot from the linux machine to make sure I did not mistake when extracting the sysroot and copying it to the linux host in the first place.
I also created another cross compiler hosted on mingw32 for freebsd from the same sourcen. It fails the same way as the linux hosted one. I also started comparing the config.log files for differences but haven't found something unusual so far.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list