Help for a Dummy

Brian D. McGrew brian@visionpro.com
Mon Jan 30 15:48:00 GMT 2012


Malcolm,

Since you're in a Windows environment, go check out Cygwin at
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin.  It's all precompiled binaries of the
GNU collection and other stuff setup for Windows.

-brian

On 1/30/12 6:43 AM, "Malcolm" <mjones_aus@exemail.com.au> wrote:

>I am keen to install and use the GNU Fortran compiler for use with my
>hydrologic research. I've left the Uni (retired) and don't have
>access anymore to their resources.
>However, I can't find a simple explanation of (a) what programs I
>need to download (b) how I set them up on my PC (running Windows
>7x64). (c) how I compile and run my fortran programs. I've scanned
>the gcc.pdf & gfortan.pdf, but they don't seem to help at all.
>Can you please help me, or point me to someone/documentation that can?
>thanks
>Malcolm Jones
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list