ld cannot find -lc
Amittai Aviram
amittai.aviram@yale.edu
Sat Jan 28 10:34:00 GMT 2012
Hi! I am trying to build GCC 4.4.5 from source on an x86_64 machine running under Ubuntu. The build is stalling with the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible //usr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
And I don't know quite what to do. I tried running
sudo apt-get install libc6
and apt-get said that the latest version of libc was already installed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
uname -a
Linux BL1 2.6.35-30-server #56-Ubuntu SMP Mon Jul 11 21:37:42 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Amittai Aviram
PhD Student in Computer Science
Yale University
646 483 2639
amittai.aviram@yale.edu
http://www.amittai.com
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list