Questions before submitting a bug report

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 15:52:00 GMT 2012


On 01/03/2012 03:39 PM, Markus Henschel wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On
>> Behalf Of Andrew Haley
>> Sent: Dienstag, 3. Januar 2012 16:26
>> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
>> Subject: Re: Questions before submitting a bug report
>>
>> On 01/03/2012 03:02 PM, Markus Henschel wrote:
>>> Is there some obvious flaw in my code?
>>
>> What error did you get?  Not all CPUs can do __sync_add_and_fetch on a
>> long long.
> 
> The resulting program crashes with a segmentation fault on the line with __sync_add_and_fetch. This is the complete command line I used for compiling:
> 
> "gcc -fPIC -march=i586 -fvisibility=hidden -O3 mytest.c -o mytest"
> 
> The error goes away if I remove "-fPIC", "-fvisibility=hidden" or if I use some less aggressive optimization. It also disappears if I use a long instead of a long long. 

I think you've found yourself a bug.  I can't reproduce it, nor can
I see anything wrong with your code.  It's be interesting to see what
instruction makes it crash.

Andrew.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list