Questions before submitting a bug report

Markus Henschel markus.henschel@yager.de
Tue Jan 3 15:02:00 GMT 2012


Hello,

I think I found a bug in gcc but before I submit it I'd like to have someone look at least briefly on the code to make sure I did not make some silly mistake.

*********************************************schnipp***************
struct Foo
{
	long long _foobar;
};

struct Foo * foo_instance()
{
	static struct Foo foo;
	return &foo;
}

void bar(struct Foo * foo)
{
	__sync_add_and_fetch(&foo->_foobar, 1LL);
}


int main(int argc, char * argv[])
{
	struct Foo * foo=foo_instance();
	foo->_foobar=argc;
	bar(foo);
	return (int)foo->_foobar;
}
*********************************************schnapp***************

Is there some obvious flaw in my code? 

My second question is if it makes any sense to submit this bug if it's against gcc version 4.2.4. I still have to use this compiler version but the bug seems to have vanished in version 4.3.3. Is 4.2.4 still maintained?

Thanks for your time.

Markus



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list