Unable to link to library version of my choice

Marco Ricci marcoricci2012@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 29 06:04:00 GMT 2012


I should mention I tried it with -nodefaultlibs option but I still have the problem.

All I want to do is link it to my compiled version of the library. Why is this so difficult?

thanks,
~~marco

--- On Tue, 2/28/12, Marco Ricci <marcoricci2012@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I built gtk locally on my computer and the build went fine,
> but when I wrote a small test program and tried to link it
> to the library that I built, it compiled fine, but behind
> the scenes, it actually linked to the file in /usr/lib.
> 
> I've tried everything, -L option, compiling with the full
> path of the library file and even googling for the answer. I
> see that others have had the same problem but there are no
> satisfactory responses. I tried -nostdlib option with gcc
> but then it started complaining about other libraries.
> 
> How do I force it to link to my version of the gtk library
> file?
> 
> thanks,
> ~~marco
> 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list