What exactly does is_variable_sized test for?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Feb 23 03:13:00 GMT 2012


Amittai Aviram <amittai.Aviram@yale.edu> writes:

> On Feb 22, 2012, at 8:19 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>> Amittai Aviram <amittai.Aviram@yale.edu> writes:
>> 
>>> Thanks a lot for the explanation and the advice.  I do have to unpack the macros sometimes when I want to verify a value while running GCC under GDB.
>> 
>> Look at gcc/gdbinit.in for convenient ways to dump the internal
>> representation when running under gdb.
>> 
>> Ian
>
>
> Sorry--this looks interesting, but I do not understand exactly how to use it.  Which are the commands and what are the arguments?  What does "$" mean?  I didn't see anything about this on the DebuggingGCC Wiki.  Thanks!


In gdb, if x is a tree, do

print x
pgs

or

print x
pt

$ refers to the last value printed by gdb.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list