Preventing scheduling of normal operations across calls to built-ins
Ayonam Ray
ayonam@gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:53:00 GMT 2012
On 21 February 2012 18:51, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> Ayonam Ray <ayonam@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I tried with inserting a set of a hard register in the RTL for the
>> built-in and a use of the same register in the addsi RTL.
>>
>> What I find is that the initial expression list itself gets reordered.
>> For the test case above, I see an expression list like below:
>>
>> __builtin_mvc_to_ccr (0, 8);
>> __builtin_mvc_to_ccr (-1, 8);
>> val1_7 = __builtin_mvc_from_ccr (8);
>> __builtin_mvc_to_ccr (0, 8);
>> val_4 = intVal_2(D) + intVal_2(D);
>> val_6 = val_4 + oneVal1_5(D);
>> val_8 = val_6 - oneVal_3(D);
>> val_10 = val_8 + val1_7;
>>
>> As can be seen all the calls to the builtins have come together at the
>> top while the arithmetic operations are below them. Any pointers to
>> solve this would be helpful.
>
> Please reply to the mailing list, not just to me. Thanks.
>
> I don't see how this would be possible if the RTL is both setting and
> using the register. So I think you need to show us the RTL.
>
> Ian
Sorry, I didn't mean to. Didn't realize I was not replying to all.
Here's the RTL:
(define_insn "mvc_from_ccr"
[(set (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "=r")
(unspec_volatile:SI [(match_operand:SI 1 "register_operand" "Y")]
UNSPEC_MVC_FROM_CCR))
(set (reg:SI 0) (const_int 0))]
""
"s2.mvc\t%1, %0"
[(set_attr "length" "4")])
(define_insn "mvc_to_ccr"
[(unspec_volatile:SI [(match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "=Y")
(match_operand:SI 1 "register_operand" "r")]
UNSPEC_MVC_TO_CCR)
(set (reg:SI 0) (const_int 0))]
""
"s2.mvc\t%1, %0\;s1.nop"
[(set_attr "length" "4")])
(define_expand "addsi3"
[(parallel [(set (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "")
(plus:SI (match_operand:SI 1 "nonmemory_operand" "")
(match_operand:SI 2 "nonmemory_operand" "")))
(use (reg:SI 0))])]
""
{
if (GET_CODE(operands[1]) != REG &&
( GET_CODE(operands[1]) != CONST_INT
|| ! satisfies_constraint_J(operands[1])))
operands[1] = force_reg(SImode, operands[1]);
if (GET_CODE(operands[2]) != REG &&
( GET_CODE(operands[2]) != CONST_INT
|| ! satisfies_constraint_J(operands[2])))
operands[2] = force_reg(SImode, operands[2]);
})
(define_insn "*addsi3"
[(set (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "=r,r")
(plus:SI (match_operand:SI 1 "register_or_const_int_operand" "%r,r")
(match_operand:SI 2 "register_or_const_int_operand" "r,J")))
(use (reg:SI 0))]
""
"@
add\t%1, %2, %0
addi\t%1, %2, %0"
[(set_attr "length" "4")])
(define_insn "subsi3"
[(set (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "=r,r,r")
(minus:SI (match_operand:SI 1 "nonmemory_operand" "r,r,J")
(match_operand:SI 2 "nonmemory_operand" "r,J,r")))
(use (reg:SI 0))]
""
"@
sub\t%1, %2, %0
subi\t%1, %2, %0
sub\tr0, %2, %0\;addi\t%0, %1, %0"
[(set_attr "length" "4,8,8")
] )
Thanks and regards
Ayonam
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list